Monday, April 13, 2009

Green Jello Salad


Recipe by Dianne Teichrieb

1 mixing bowl
1 deep bowl (clear glass preferred)
1 plate or serving platter

1 column of Oreo Cookies (10-12) crumbled
1 pkg (6 oz) of Lime Jell-O (regular or sugar free)
4 oz Cool Whip (regular or fat free) thawed

In mixing bowl, strip 2 cups boiling water into Jell-O until dissolved. Add and stir in 1 2/3 cups of cold water into dissolved Jell-O. Remove 1
cup dissolved Jell-O and cover bottom of deep bowl. Refrigerate both bowls for 1 hour.

Crumble Oreo cookies and set aside. When mixin
g bowl of Jell-O has started to congeal or is almost set, remove from refrigerator and stir in Cool Whip. Set aside.

Remove deep bowl of Jell-O only and lightly cover with cookie crumbs. There should be plenty left over for more layers.

Caution: Add Jell-O mixture slowly over cookie crumbs, and try not to displace cookie layer.

Carefully start layering with Jell-O/Cool Whip followed by cookie layer and repeat. Amount of layers will depend on the shape and depth of the bowl.
Last layer should be Jell-O/Cool whip mixture.

Refrigerate again for 3-5 hours until really solid. Serve in deep bowl with leftover cookie crumbs for garnish. Optional: Let Jell-O mold sit at room temperature for 5 minutes or use warm water release method. Cover bowl with plate and invert to release Jell-O mold onto serving plate.

1 comment:

  1. My family had made this for years when I was younger and it has been about 10 years since I made it. I am happy that you posted as I had forgotten the ingredient measurements. Although I seem to remember we used an 8 ounce container of cool whip.Either way I am introducing it to my Grandchildren tomorrow for Mothers Day and I am sure they will love it! We also used to put a bit of peppermint extract in it but I am not going to do that this time.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete